Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Undergraduate Educators - Student exam performance question

A forum for undergraduate educators at the community college, college, and university level to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to specific references on test performance and/or test anxiety when students take a test where questions are of a new style or written by a new professor? I am currently in a group where three instructors teach three different sections of A and P but write a final together to give to all students. The students across sections have struggled with and expressed frustration with questions written by the other instructors. Id like to see what data there is on this to support either keeping the format or changing it to best serve the students, but am having a hard time finding useful articles.

Any thoughts or references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elise

This thread was posted on September 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM ET by Elise Donovan.
  |   6 Replies   |   Last on 10/18/2019 at 7:51 AM ET
Re: Student exam performance question

Hi Elise!  I know you posted this forever ago, but I'll try to reply.  I was at the University of New Hampshire Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning workshop last spring, and as an aside to another conversation they recommended that we make a question bank and rotate questions within topics so that students are exposed to all instructors questioning styles.  My institution has started doing this with our Intro Biology course as part of teaching the students how to answer different types of questions in a systematic way, as they often don't enter college with the skills to weed out answers in a complex multiple choice question, for example.  

This was posted on January 12, 2019 at 9:38 PM ET by Jessica Fry.
Re: Re: Student exam performance question

That is one way you can accomplish it but my personal favorite is through https://shoppingkim.com/10-money-saving-tips-for-college-students/. This way I am better able to manage the money and in the end I also tend to save some of it.

This was posted on May 6, 2019 at 5:04 PM ET by Elizabeth Brantner.
Re: Re: Student exam performance question

I was working on this thread, and then I came to know more about essayshark writing. This is not something that I will let go or not work on. This is going to be hard for me.

This was posted on September 19, 2019 at 6:16 AM ET by Smythe man.

I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.

geometry dash

This was posted on August 18, 2019 at 9:42 PM ET by fireboy watergirl.

United Parcel Service (UPS) is the largest parcel/package delivery company. UPS is one of the leading global providers of supply chain management solutions and logistics services.

upserscom

This was posted on October 13, 2019 at 2:54 AM ET by codetu zsero.

I don't know any of that, if I found something like you are asking, I'll message you.

By the way, please try this granny granny game to your PC.

This was posted on October 18, 2019 at 7:51 AM ET by Alex Jacob.