Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Community Forums - Undergraduate Educators - Student exam performance question

A forum for undergraduate educators at the community college, college, and university level to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to specific references on test performance and/or test anxiety when students take a test where questions are of a new style or written by a new professor? I am currently in a group where three instructors teach three different sections of A and P but write a final together to give to all students. The students across sections have struggled with and expressed frustration with questions written by the other instructors. Id like to see what data there is on this to support either keeping the format or changing it to best serve the students, but am having a hard time finding useful articles.

Any thoughts or references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elise

This thread was posted on September 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM ET by Elise Donovan.
  |   4 Replies   |   Last on 7/30/2020 at 4:10 AM ET
Re: Student exam performance question

Hi Elise!  I know you posted this forever ago, but I'll try to reply.  I was at the University of New Hampshire Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning workshop last spring, and as an aside to another conversation they recommended that we make a question bank and rotate questions within topics so that students are exposed to all instructors questioning styles.  My institution has started doing this with our Intro Biology course as part of teaching the students how to answer different types of questions in a systematic way, as they often don't enter college with the skills to weed out answers in a complex multiple choice question, for example.  

This was posted on January 12, 2019 at 9:38 PM ET by Jessica Fry.

I also need tips on this topic.

This was posted on July 15, 2020 at 6:23 PM ET by Melissa Dorn.

There are many questions which most of the students unable to get an answer during the exam time. I have checked that most of the students getting the https://domeanessay.com/edubirdie-com-personal-help-for-every-student-demand/ site help which provides both writing service and answer option to get the good grades in 

This was posted on July 30, 2020 at 4:10 AM ET by Elite Towing.