Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - Thinking of a new way to teach human physiology

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hi PECOP Colleagues,

My name is Monica McCullough and I teach an intro level of human physiology at Western Michigan University. In an effort to help my students retain information in this course I have thought about taking concepts and tucking them under 5 major umbrellas for physiology. While I teach the systems separately, I will color code each system and place them with these "umbrellas": Homeostasis, Energy, Physics, Chemistry and Autonomic Nervous System. For example, with the Circulatory System, Valves of the heart would fall under the physics umbrella, Heart rate control with the ANS, Ca++ pumps in the SR for Energy, etc. Am I crazy? What have I missed? Also, if anyone is interested in collaborating on a course set up this way, please contact me.  Thanks!

This thread was posted on August 8, 2018 at 8:26 PM ET by Monica McCullough.
  |   3 Replies   |   Last on 10/12/2018 at 5:16 AM ET
Re: Thinking of a new way to teach human physiology

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Hostgator coupon codes blog now.

This was posted on September 22, 2018 at 4:21 AM ET by josef smith.
Re: Re: Thinking of a new way to teach human physiology

Glad to meet you here Monica McCullough as you provide course on human physiology to students.  I am also part of educational field and currently create error free personal statement for UK students who come to take personal statement writing service on various subject such as law, nursing, medicine, marketing, economics, and psychology using UCAS guidelines at Personal Statement Folks. So they can get admission in their Dream College or university.

This was posted on October 11, 2018 at 1:07 AM ET by CarolineWebb Webb.
Re: Re: Re: Thinking of a new way to teach human physiology

Much appreciate you Monica McCullough who thinking of a new way to teach human physiology at Western Michigan University. I really like your teach system of colour code as well as love to provide essay writing services with professional essay writers of Assignment Help Folks which is most trusted Essay Help Service provider company in Austerity with pass guarantee.

This was posted on October 12, 2018 at 5:16 AM ET by Ida Wallace.