Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - science notebooks

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

What is your favorite way to do notebooks in class? 

- scripted: you tell them what to write and where it goes (turn in for points)

- unscripted: they are using it to show their thought process and learning

How do you do notebooks? 

This thread was posted on April 26, 2018 at 10:24 AM ET by Jessica Anderson.
  |   2 Replies   |   Last on 5/1/2018 at 6:53 AM ET
Re: science notebooks

I implement both ways in my classroom.  Sometimes I need them to use their journal as a resource and want them to have accurate information. Other times I want to know what their understanding of the concept is and read a reflection of what they learned.  It is easy to get carried away with a "Scrapbook journal" but I think students gain a better understanding reflection on their own learning.  I have seen where notebooks being used where one side of the notebook was for notes and diagrams and the other side was for student reflection. 

This was posted on April 28, 2018 at 12:47 AM ET by Kiersten Diamond.
Re: science notebooks

I also implement both.  I would also have a separate notebook for laboratory activities.  I also tried Interactive notebooks in the lower levels (6th grade).

This was posted on May 1, 2018 at 6:53 AM ET by Ryan Napalan.