Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - American Society of Microbiology's Disciplinary Based Education Research Design and Implementation Course

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Greetings PECOP Members!  Check out ASM’s new education research course.  It is affordable and completely online.

Advance your career with ASM’s Disciplinary Based Education Research (DBER) Design and Implementation course. Building on the evidence-based content from ASM’s Biology Scholars Program, this new course is fully online, making it accessible and affordable.

DBER is at the cutting edge of education reform, and this course will allow you to broaden your knowledge of your students’ learning while furthering your career. Course topics include an overview of: 

• Education research
  • Study design
  • Identifying data sources
  • Navigating Human Studies protocols
  • Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
  • Funding opportunities for DBER research.

Participants will leave the course with a carefully designed research plan based on their personal hypothesis. You’ll also become part of a faculty mentoring community dedicated to supporting leaders interested in advancing education reform.

The registration deadline is August 28, 2017, and the course runs from September 14, 2017–December 21, 2017. For more information, contact education@asmusa.org

This thread was posted on August 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM ET by Jessica Taylor.
  |   1 Reply   |   Last on 11/2/2018 at 6:25 AM ET
Re: American Society of Microbiology's Disciplinary Based Education Research Design and Implementation Course

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in drafting this article. I am trusting the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities have inspired me to start my own Hostgator promo codes blog now.

This was posted on November 2, 2018 at 6:25 AM ET by josef smith.