Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - Student-Centered Laboratory

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Discussion board for those with an interest in or question about student-centered laboratories.

This thread was posted on June 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM ET by Miranda Byse.
  |   5 Replies   |   Last on 5/13/2019 at 7:19 AM ET
Re: Student-Centered Laboratory

How can we convert cookbook labs into a more student centered lab. I tried doing some PBL's with my students but it takes so much time to complete. With the State tests coming and the need to cover the whole curriculum, how should this concern be solved?

This was posted on May 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM ET by Arlene Ramos.

Hi,

can anyone suggest any complete problem based labs?

thanks!

ps  does this website have an App? It does not work well with iPad.

This was posted on July 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM ET by Par Mohammadian.
Re: Re: Student-Centered Laboratory

Hi Par,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Unfortunately we don't have an app for the LifeSciTRC due to budget constraints, but it's definitely on the wishlist!

Here's a PBL lab for you to check out - http://www.lifescitrc.org/resource.cfm?submissionID=1810

Thanks for posting!

Miranda

This was posted on September 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM ET by Miranda Byse.
Re: Re: Re: Student-Centered Laboratory

Thank you  Miranda Byse for showing such a great concern. I really like this forum. good luck with your future plans. 

This was posted on May 13, 2019 at 7:19 AM ET by Nikki Hope.

Student-centered laboratories are really good for learning for students. This is one of the best forum to get more informative articles about Custom Product Packaging and customdeluxeboxes.com is the best place to get product packaging. 

This was posted on April 16, 2019 at 4:50 PM ET by Amanda Hope.