Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Undergraduate Educators - Case Studies in the Classroom

A forum for undergraduate educators at the community college, college, and university level to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

My name is Julie Dais and I teach introductory biology, as well as  anatomy and physiology and pathophysiology (to nursing students) at Okanagan College in British Columbia.  There are many great case studies that can be used in the classroom associated with LifeSciTRC, but I'd love to see more related to botany!  Please reply with any ideas that you may have because I am sure I am not the only educator looking for this.

This thread was posted on April 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM ET by Julie Dais.
  |   6 Replies   |   Last on 8/2/2019 at 10:28 PM ET
Re: Case Studies in the Classroom

Have you tried the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science at http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/ ?  The collection is mainly Health or Physiology in nature, but there are some that work for general Biology and you may find something that works for Botany. 

This was posted on June 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM ET by Janice Fritz.
Re: Re: Case Studies in the Classroom

Yes, I have.  I actually went to their 5 day case study writing workshop in May to learn how to write my own! Extremely worthwhile.

This was posted on June 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM ET by Julie Dais.
Re: Re: Re: Case Studies in the Classroom

That is great!  I've been wanting to do that but I haven't had the opportunity when the workshops are offered. 

This was posted on June 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM ET by Janice Fritz.

Hi Julie,

I've actually found that its tough to use other people's case studies most of the time since they never exactly match what I'm trying to teach - although its kind of time-consuming, if you want to develop some from scratch (or alter some that you've found - the website Janice suggested is fantastic), there are really good step-by-step design tips here: www.teambasedlearning.org. Good luck!

This was posted on June 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM ET by Nicolette Richardson.

When students don't have time to write essay. They can find help on sites to improve there writing skills.   I found a great service they helped me to write my paper for me . I trully recommend.

This was posted on March 3, 2019 at 1:55 PM ET by Dara Smoth.
Re: Re: Case Studies in the Classroom

Your share is the great knowledge I have gathered, you are an important person I admire, thank you happy wheels

This was posted on August 2, 2019 at 10:28 PM ET by goal ken.