Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Graduate/Professional Educators - Brief Introduction

A forum for graduate and professional educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hi. I teach Physiology to medical students in Bahrain.  I am interested in new methods in teaching, to keep my students interested, especially in a PBL system, where we have little contact time with them. I also want to develop my e-learning skills, as we are moving to a paperless system. Feisal Subhan

This thread was posted on April 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM ET by Feisal Subhan.
  |   51 Replies   |   Last on 4/16/2019 at 4:36 PM ET
Re: Brief Introduction

I teach medical students in the US. We meet face to face, and I try to engage them by getting them to  think about hard questions, vote on what they thought was the best answer, argue with their neighbors and vote again. This gets everyone involved, not just the extroverts, and really works to help them see if they are understanding the material and can apply it to real situations. I have posted a script that works well (http://www.lifescitrc.org/resource.cfm?submissionID=6966) and it could probably be modified to work in other contexts. Good luck!

This was posted on April 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM ET by Diana Darnell.
Re: Re: Brief Introduction

Hello.
I teach Physiology to medical and dental students in Pakistan.  I am looking forward to use this forum to add value to my teaching..

This was posted on May 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM ET by Muhammad Adnan Kanpurwala.
Church on the hill in mcminnville oregon

I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What"s more, i"m happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things    Church on the hill in mcminnville oregon

This was posted on December 25, 2018 at 5:50 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Re: Church on the hill in mcminnville oregon

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing podcast johnbartolo

This was posted on March 7, 2019 at 4:57 AM ET by muneer ahmed.
Re: Re: Brief Introduction

I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job   Text Chemistry

This was posted on January 23, 2019 at 4:37 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.

Hi,

I teach Respiratory physiology in medical school and have tried to incoporate some brief activities into the lectures.  However, we are a hybrid lecture and PBL program and as a result, what would usually be 14 hours of lecture I only have 8.  Yes, PBL makes the students be more active in the learning process and working in teams.  I fear that the time it takes for the Think Pair Share "voting" process would take up too much when used frequently.  It also sounds like the iclicker system could be used in a similar manner.  Cards are good you don't have clickers. 

George Steer

This was posted on July 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM ET by George Steer.
Hero Instinct

Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks    Hero Instinct

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 3:42 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Language of Desire

wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person   Language of Desire

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 12:45 PM ET by lifetime lifetime.

Greetings!  I teach cell, neuro and cardiovascular physiology at the medical school level.  I have found the use of "clickers" to be excellent in engaging students and assessing their knowledge of the topic that we are discussing.  I have also used the clickers to give short quizzes and to work in the "flipped classroom."  Prior to the installation of our clicker system, I used the colored paper method to ask questions in class.  Each student was given four sheets of construction paper to hold up in response to a question.  Each answer choice was next to one of the colors of construction paper that the students possessed.  I have also increased my use of case studies in the classroom.  I typically lecture to the students or provide my lecture for them to review prior to the case study.  I also have the students read the appropriate chapter before the case study.  I like using the case study because it typically incorporates multiple concepts into one exercise.

This was posted on October 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM ET by Jessica Taylor.
Text Chemistry

I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it   Text Chemistry

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 11:23 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Relationship Rewrite Method

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.   Relationship Rewrite Method

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 11:38 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
How To Make Yourself Pee

I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it    How To Make Yourself Pee

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 11:40 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
13 Zodiac Signs

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more!   13 Zodiac Signs

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 11:44 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
How To Turn a Guy On

Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.    How To Turn a Guy On

This was posted on December 30, 2018 at 11:51 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
CBD Oil Wholesale

Regular visits listed here are the easiest method to appreciate your energy, which is why why I am going to the website everyday, searching for new, interesting info. Many, thank you!   CBD Oil Wholesale

This was posted on December 31, 2018 at 7:34 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
knock knock Jokes

Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning   knock knock Jokes

This was posted on December 31, 2018 at 9:37 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
disc duplication services

Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.   disc duplication services

This was posted on January 1, 2019 at 3:12 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Red Tea Detox

I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.  Red Tea Detox

This was posted on January 3, 2019 at 6:02 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
yoga

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,   yoga

This was posted on January 3, 2019 at 8:17 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
The Good Guys At EarthWise

Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind of information with my friends and hope they like it they why I do   The Good Guys At EarthWise

This was posted on January 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Colorado Springs party bus

Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind of information with my friends and hope they like it they why I do   Colorado Springs party bus

This was posted on January 7, 2019 at 5:26 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
His Secret Obsession

This is a splendid website! I"m extremely content with the remarks!.  His Secret Obsession

This was posted on January 7, 2019 at 7:44 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Re: His Secret Obsession

This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post.    Femto Scientific

This was posted on January 9, 2019 at 3:41 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
femto scientific new jersey

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.   femto scientific new jersey

This was posted on January 9, 2019 at 4:42 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
las vegas apartments

Properbuz is a free global property marketplace and a social network for the real estate industry. Search millions of for-sale and rental properties worldwide.   las vegas apartments

This was posted on January 9, 2019 at 10:46 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Buy Ethereum in uae

I adore your websites way of raising the awareness on your readers.   Buy Ethereum in uae

This was posted on January 10, 2019 at 3:20 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
fascias bromsgrove

It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.  fascias bromsgrove

This was posted on January 10, 2019 at 10:04 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
mortgage calculator with taxes

Properbuz is a free global property marketplace and a social network for the real estate industry. Search millions of for-sale and rental properties worldwide.    mortgage calculator with taxes

This was posted on January 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Would You Rather

Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.  Would You Rather

This was posted on January 11, 2019 at 5:31 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Truth or Dare

Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers.  Truth or Dare

This was posted on January 11, 2019 at 8:25 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Never Have I Ever

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..   Never Have I Ever

This was posted on January 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Coach Charter Bus Rental Utah

Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.   Coach Charter Bus Rental Utah

This was posted on January 15, 2019 at 1:36 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Charter Bus Rental Lincln Nebraska

I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work.  Charter Bus Rental Lincln Nebraska

This was posted on January 15, 2019 at 6:28 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
How I Work

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..  How I Work

This was posted on January 17, 2019 at 6:22 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Daily Health Benefits

Well, this got me thinking what other workouts are good for those of us who find ourselves on the road or have limited equipment options.  Daily Health Benefits

This was posted on January 20, 2019 at 4:37 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Daily Health Benefits

Well, this got me thinking what other workouts are good for those of us who find ourselves on the road or have limited equipment options.  Daily Health Benefits

This was posted on January 20, 2019 at 4:38 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
http://bestyogaexercise.angelfire.com/index.html

You have done a amazing job with you website   http://bestyogaexercise.angelfire.com/index.html

This was posted on January 22, 2019 at 7:38 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
http://dailyyogaexercise.eklablog.com/how-can-a-yoga-exercise-routine-provide-a-fresh-lease-to-your-own-life-p1415578

I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.    http://dailyyogaexercise.eklablog.com/how-can-a-yoga-exercise-routine-provide-a-fresh-lease-to-your-own-life-p1415578

This was posted on January 23, 2019 at 3:05 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Hero Instinct

If it's not too much trouble share more like that.   Hero Instinct

This was posted on January 26, 2019 at 4:11 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Shea Butter

A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one  Shea Butter

This was posted on January 29, 2019 at 5:16 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
boating supplies

Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best!   boating supplies

This was posted on January 30, 2019 at 7:21 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
21 Questions

I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work!   21 Questions

This was posted on January 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
tech

Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good..  tech

This was posted on January 31, 2019 at 5:58 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Questions to Ask a Guy

Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.      Questions to Ask a Guy

This was posted on February 1, 2019 at 9:38 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
????????

I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.     ????????

This was posted on February 4, 2019 at 7:32 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
??????

The blog and data is excellent and informative as well  ??????

This was posted on February 4, 2019 at 8:42 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
????????

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!     ????????

This was posted on February 4, 2019 at 12:22 PM ET by lifetime lifetime.
I love you quotes

I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.  I love you quotes

This was posted on February 15, 2019 at 3:36 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Re: I love you quotes

That is nice but I just want to share with you this awesome website where I play games for free like 

survival horror games

This was posted on February 15, 2019 at 7:54 AM ET by adam snow.
bhusawal news

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!   bhusawal news

This was posted on April 14, 2019 at 5:23 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.

thank you, sir, my friend, has been doing its last semester in Bahrain to become a Physiologist.  She told me their way of teaching is quite interesting and she loves to do study in top-ranked universities. There are lots of medical packaging products which required kraft boxes Wholesale Packaging and customdeluxeboxes.com is the best place to get packaging for products.  

This was posted on April 16, 2019 at 4:36 PM ET by Amanda Hope.