Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Community Forums - LifeSciTRC Scholars and Fellows - Digital Use

A discussion forum for participants of the LifeSciTRC Scholars and Fellows Programs. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

• Do you find that digital resources make your students more or less engaged in the classroom? Why do you think this is?  I think it depends on the use and the class.  The same is true for anythign we do in class, if it is engagning and interesting then the students will do it and be engaged.  If it is busy work or not challanging then they will not be. Sometimes it depends on the type of students too, some will do what they are supposed to do no matter what.  
  • Do you find that digital resources improve student achievement in the classroom or are they more of a distraction? Why do you think this is?  I love the tevchnology and I cannot imagine giving it up.  If you keep the kids busy and the lessons are meaningful then they participate.  If they are bored or not challenged then they are distracted but it is not much different than wehen we used to fdraw pictures and pass notes. 
  • What challenges have you experienced with using digital resources with your students?  The biggest challenge is when you want to use technology and it does not work as planned.  Sometimes that is not being well preapred and trying it out before the kids see it or soemtimes it is crazy stuff out of my control.
This thread was posted on May 17, 2016 at 10:21 PM ET by Kim Terry.
  |   6 Replies   |   Last on 6/24/2020 at 9:21 AM ET
Re: Digital Use

I think as teachers we have to be flexible and try our best to adjust when technology does not work out as planned.  I usually try to have a "Plan B" on paper ready to go in case things are not working out!

This was posted on May 18, 2016 at 1:44 PM ET by lee teevan.

I agree Lee it is very important to be thorough in our planning.  Although sometimes there are certain activites that need a particular website in order for the lesson to make sense.  I am thinking of moth simulation that my students carried out where they searched for moths against light trees and dark trees.  Yes I could have paper model but creating this is so time consuming. 

This was posted on May 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM ET by Ellie Williamson.
Re: Re: Digital Use

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. best CBD oil for pain

This was posted on May 10, 2020 at 4:55 AM ET by raymond weber.

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. best CBD oil for sleep

This was posted on May 20, 2020 at 8:09 AM ET by raymond weber.

Your pension. Made simple. We will help you make the right decision about your pension, with advice thats refreshingly frank. FCA Regulated Who is Portafina

This was posted on June 8, 2020 at 6:10 AM ET by raymond weber.
Re: Re: Digital Use

I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats! ??????

This was posted on June 24, 2020 at 9:21 AM ET by raymond weber.