Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - Students Using Digital Resources in the Classroom-Arlene Ramos

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

• Do you find that digital resources make your students more or less engaged in the classroom? Why do you think this is?
  • Since this generation is into social media, the use of digital resources as a tool in the classroom has been very succesful and has most of my students engaged in the lesson. As long as the protocol for doing an online task is in place, the expectations are always met.
  • Do you find that digital resources improve student achievement in the classroom or are they more of a distraction? Why do you think this is?
  • Ever since our school allowed the use of phone as a tool to search for information online, I had a higher turn out of student work completion at the end of the day
  • What challenges have you experienced with using digital resources with your students?
  • Some challenges I had experienced with the use of electronic digital resources are monitoring students to stay on task and not get distracted with their social media accounts also installed in their phones. Another challenge is that some students do not have phones that are internet ready. I have to provide laptops for them to use which takes a while to open and access since a lot of websites are often blocked by our school intenet server
This thread was posted on May 15, 2016 at 1:13 AM ET by Arlene Ramos.
  |   4 Replies   |   Last on 12/3/2018 at 6:56 AM ET
Re: Students Using Digital Resources in the Classroom-Arlene Ramos

Hi Arlene,

I was impressed to see that when your school allowed the use of cell phones that your student work completion rate went up.  Can you elaborate a little on how using cell phones help studnets complete their work?

Thanks!

Michael

This was posted on May 16, 2016 at 3:15 PM ET by Michael Lyons.

Arlene, You might want to repost this over in the LifeSciTRC Scholars & fellows area as that is where Blackboard is directing this discussion.

Sorry for the confusion,

Charlie

This was posted on May 16, 2016 at 8:48 PM ET by Charles Geach.

I agree that procedures need to be in place when using cell phones.  I start the year with explainng to my students and their parents that we will use cell phones as tools.  Cell phones have to be face up on their desk when using.  My students like to be able to look up an answer to their questions or calcuate a problem on their phones.  

This was posted on April 10, 2017 at 3:57 PM ET by Cindy Hopkins.

I think almost all teachers of the university have observed an improved regularity of their scholars assisting each other when they are using any digital resource in school. A lot of tasks which are based on technology involves other parts, and this leads to conditions where students require asking for assistance from their educators. And the usage of these digital resources will benefit you in starting your own CV services, academic writing and other writing business. 

This was posted on December 3, 2018 at 6:56 AM ET by Jabir Sheikh.