Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - Need advice on clickers

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hi everyone ... My institution just told us that we are now dropping the "clickers" because of the cost-structure changes that "Turning point" (the company that makes our clickers) is adopting.  Does anyone have a good alternative to clickers that does not require the use of a smart phone or laptop?  Ideally, I would love a tablet-based solution, so we could get alphanumeric and even drawings, but that is not internet/wifi connected (to avoid the distractions of students using the tablet in non-educational ways)

Thanks for your help

Steve Swoap 

This thread was posted on February 25, 2016 at 9:26 AM ET by Steven Swoap.
  |   4 Replies   |   Last on 2/18/2019 at 4:32 PM ET
Re: Need advice on clickers

Hi Steve - Sorry...I missed your question. Hope this response is still of some use. I don't have clicker access so I built a short collection of resources in the LifeSciTRC that are low-tech options. The collection has received some good ratings and comments. Hope it is of use to you.

This was posted on May 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM ET by Marsha Matyas.
Re: Need advice on clickers

Hi Steve,

I had a colleage that gave students a packet of colored cards they would hold up to indicate their choices.  It is difficult to get exact counts in larger classes, but it can give you a quick idea if the class is generally understanding the concept you are testing.  It's definitley low-tech, but it is also cheap and quick!

I hope you find something that works for you!

Michael Lyons

This was posted on May 10, 2016 at 4:28 PM ET by Michael Lyons.
Re: Re: Need advice on clickers

Good one! I might try that with my professional development workshops. Fast and easy and a quick general assessment.

This was posted on May 13, 2016 at 10:24 AM ET by Marsha Matyas.
Re: Re: Re: Need advice on clickers

good

This was posted on February 18, 2019 at 4:32 PM ET by David Shurtleff.