Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - LifeSciTRC Scholars and Fellows - Students Using Electronic Resources

A discussion forum for participants of the LifeSciTRC Scholars and Fellows Programs. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

*Do you find that digital resources make your students more or less engaged in the classroom?  Why do you think this is?

I believe digital resources make my students more engaged in the classroom.  Students use certain digital resources in their everyday lives, such as Facebook and YouTube, so therefore they are acustomed to this format. Presenting content to students, for instance, using a video that relates to a specific content can catch their interest, "hook" students if you will.  PowerPoints can be used to introduce new material and if you use a format for taking notes students will be engaged.

*Do you find digital resources improve student achievement in the classroom or are they more of a distraction?  Why do you think this is?

If digital resources are used appropriately then student achievement in the classroom will improve.  Scaffolding assignments and making sure that students understand what is expected of them will prevent distractions.  An engaging assignment will also prevent distractions.

*What challeges have you experienced with using digital resources with your student?

I have limited access to computers (two working computers in my classroom; computer labs that have computers that are tempermental) as well as to the internet.  Due to this limitation students do not have the ability to access digital resources on their own.  I myself have limitations on my internet usage because certain websites, including YouTube, are blocked.

This thread was posted on May 18, 2015 at 7:01 PM ET by Nealyn Dunlop.
  |   3 Replies   |   Last on 9/19/2019 at 4:16 AM ET
Re: Students Using Electronic Resources

The struggle of using technology in the classroom! There is a way to download videos from YouTube (and other sites), which you could do at home and then play for the students at school. Another suggestion, depending on how strict your school is, you could have the students use their phones to visit the websites during class. Those students with the electronics can share with those students who do not have electronics. What a great way to build a supporting community within the classroom.

This was posted on May 31, 2015 at 9:43 AM ET by Tisha Grudzien.
Re: Re: Students Using Electronic Resources

Read the message of life and all other items have been marked for the movement of the students in the hall. The content of the production and professional research paper writers is aspired by the majority of the linkages. It is done for the mutual way for the reforms for the theme created for the candidates.

This was posted on September 17, 2019 at 1:59 AM ET by Ann Rocha.
Discount For Online Shopping

using technology in class is the best way to teach students. students can use google to search for information of any topic and learn it. its become easy to share a note from device to device. students can start a community from <a href="https://www.couponswebdeal.com/store/hostgator/"> HostGator Coupons </a> and ask queries regards questions.

This was posted on September 19, 2019 at 4:16 AM ET by shira falix.