Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Graduate/Professional Educators - September Topic - New Ideas for the Classroom

A forum for graduate and professional educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

What new thing are you trying in your classroom this year? Share what you're doing below so other community members can benefit.

This thread was posted on September 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM ET by Miranda Byse.
  |   4 Replies   |   Last on 6/12/2019 at 10:11 PM ET
Re: September Topic - New Ideas for the Classroom

Hi ,i didnt know that i will be selected for LifeSciTRC program this year ..this was my second attempt and i got selected.Am happy and feel lucky to have joined this. i beleive none of my colleagues were aware of this wonderful program. Anyhow, i shall try to explain what i started new at my Practical classes in the Haematology lab.we have got an ordinary compound microscope for students and a digital microscope in the Research lab....i did a try....during my practical demos i gave lecture on Improved Neubauer chamber squares using the blackboard, then took them to see through the same in a compound microscope and then again to the digital microscope(here i projected the counting chambers to the screen). All students were able to understand what i meant in the blackboard, what i expected them to see through their eyes in a compound microscope and then confirmed their understanding in unison when all the eyes saw the chamber squares in the screen..i beleive this is going to bring them a uniform understanding on  the topic demostrated or discussed.i am expecting comments and suggestions .thankyou

This was posted on October 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM ET by GLAD MOHESH.
Re: Re: September Topic - New Ideas for the Classroom

I just recently heard about LifeSciTRC from a colleague and so far it has been wonderful.

This was posted on October 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM ET by Kathy Carter.
Re: Re: September Topic - New Ideas for the Classroom

Hi Mohesh, I appreciate your approach of teaching in physiology lab. This is good for instructor to make sure that information provided is uniformly understood by all your students.

This was posted on October 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM ET by Ojashwi Nepal.
Re: Re: Re: September Topic - New Ideas for the Classroom

That's nice idea. Thank you!

abcya

This was posted on June 12, 2019 at 10:11 PM ET by Alyson Dawson.