Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - Physics and Biology

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

When teaching physics, though it is certainly an applicable and relatable subject, it is not as relatable as biology can be. I would like to incorporate more examples of how phsiycs ties in with biology to make the lessons more relatable and interesting for my high school students. Does anyone know of any biological examples that tie in with physics concepts that can be shared with me?

I have used synovial joints and arthritus as an example for friciton and the coefficient of friction. The students seemed to enjoy that one. 

Thanks!

This thread was posted on April 30, 2018 at 7:55 PM ET by Erika Otero.
  |   1 Reply   |   Last on 5/5/2018 at 11:10 PM ET
Re: Physics and Biology

Physiology of vision - refraction and focus points as they relate to vision issues, changing focus points with lenses (fog machine, light, lens)

Kinesiology - types of levers present in the body

Kinesiology - force couples and vectors of pull (scapular stabilizers are an easy spot to do this)

Anaerobic muscle loading - generation of force

The potential energy of the Achilles tendon (long Achilles vs short Achilles)

Kinesiology - the pulley system present along the hyoid and how it regulates jaw motion is pretty cool

This was posted on May 5, 2018 at 11:10 PM ET by Shannon Adams.