Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - Why Vancouver citation style is only limited to medicine and science?

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

I do not belong to Vancouver. Neither my college has anything to do with the Vancouver. Still, we have to follow the Vancouver style of citation because according to our teachers and instructors, this is the best citation styles among all which I do not agree with. How can something be the best in any field if it has a limitation? Everybody knows that Vancouver citation style or the Vancouver citation generator is only applicable on the fields of medicine and science. You cannot implement it in commerce or computer-related fields. Then how it can be the best?

Even if it is not the best, why something like this is only applicable on few fields. The citation styles are meant to be adjustable for all the fields. Whether it is medical, science, politics, humanities, commerce and information technology. A citation style should be applicable on all the fields and faculties. But I also believe that there would be any reason behind it. I think that whoever made this citation style must have known the consequences of applying it on the different fields. But I don’t know about it at all. That is why I am writing this post and would like to ask it from your people.

This thread was posted on February 21, 2018 at 11:42 AM ET by Joseph Henry.
  |   0 Replies