Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Graduate/Professional Educators - July Topic - Teaching with Case Studies

A forum for graduate and professional educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

How do you like to use Case Studies in your classroom? If you don't use Case Studies, what has kept you from doing so?

This thread was posted on July 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM ET by Miranda Byse.
  |   2 Replies   |   Last on 4/3/2018 at 7:55 AM ET
Re: July Topic - Teaching with Case Studies

I am trying to remember the company Do My Essay For Me  that was featured website in the case studies area that taught languages over skype...can anyone think of this or another company that does the same? 

This was posted on April 3, 2018 at 7:55 AM ET by natalia johnson.
Re: July Topic - Teaching with Case Studies

I love using Case studies in the classroom but I only use them for review of material once the information has been provided in a classic lecture setting. In my program we only use a classic lecture setting but I find the case studies more engaging and thought provoking. I use it in Physiology and Pathology lectures. I also use them as an assignment tool because not the entire class participates in the case study discussion in class and with an on-line format the not so outgoing personalities have a chance to interact. I don't necessarily attach a grade to them. They are a nice tool as review for exams. In Health Professions becomes critical for transition to a clinical setting.

This was posted on July 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM ET by Maria Lourdes Alarcon Fortepiani.