Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - Core Concepts and Competencies

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Discussion board for those with an interest in or question about core concepts and competencies.

This thread was posted on June 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM ET by Miranda Byse.
  |   25 Replies   |   Last on 6/21/2019 at 7:54 AM ET
Re: Core Concepts and Competencies

Does anybody have a model of a pre- and post-test to apply and check if my course was effective to teach core concepts in physiology?

This was posted on August 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM ET by Camilo Lellis-Santos.
Re: Re: Core Concepts and Competencies

Our group is validating a set of questions for the core concept of homeostasis.  But there is not an existing assessment for physiology in general.  There are assessments for genetics, host-pathogen interaction, osmosis and diffusion, natural selection, etc.  (Sorry for the delayed reply.)

This was posted on August 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM ET by Jenny McFarland.
His Secret Obsession

Hello! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you've got right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon!   His Secret Obsession

This was posted on February 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Zonnepanelen

I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.   Zonnepanelen

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 4:05 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Zonnepanelen

this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends..   Zonnepanelen

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 4:41 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Zonnepanelen installateur

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us.   Zonnepanelen installateur

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 4:47 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Webdesign

Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.   Webdesign

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 4:53 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Warmtepomp

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..  Warmtepomp

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 4:59 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Warmtepomp

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job!  Warmtepomp

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:03 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Webdesign

Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us  Webdesign

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:07 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Webdesign

Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!!   Webdesign

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:12 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Webdesign

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.  Webdesign

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:18 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Airco

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...  Airco

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:23 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Zonnepanelen

I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.  Zonnepanelen

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:27 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Warmtepompen

this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends..   Warmtepompen

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:32 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Airco

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us.   Airco

This was posted on February 24, 2019 at 5:36 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Airco

I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.  Airco

This was posted on February 25, 2019 at 6:17 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
www.superiorpaper.net

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. www.superiorpaper.net

This was posted on February 27, 2019 at 5:25 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Health Benefits

You have done a amazing job with you website   Health Benefits

This was posted on March 6, 2019 at 6:10 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.
Re: Warmtepomp

The rapid expansion and increased diversity of the field have greatly expanded the scope and impact of biological discoveries but creates a challenge for instructors. The exponential rate of discovery in biology makes it difficult to decide what to teach in a 4-yr undergraduate curriculum. Assassin's Cosplay Halloween Costumes that we cannot teach everything, can we reach consensus about what is most important to teach? 

This was posted on March 30, 2019 at 4:31 AM ET by Daniel Lee.
Re: Re: Warmtepomp

We should share insights about this matter to help better teaching inside the classroom. 

Jon | click here

This was posted on April 18, 2019 at 8:41 AM ET by Chris Barns.
Make Him Worship You

Wow, happy to see this awesome post. I hope this think help any newbie for their awesome work. By the way thanks for share this awesomeness from   Make Him Worship You

This was posted on May 1, 2019 at 8:06 AM ET by lifetime lifetime.

Personal core competencies develop over a lifetime, and are influenced by education, professional experience, personality and a range of additional factors. Some entrepreneurs may be excellent salespeople, for example, while they struggle to fully grasp the conceptsof business finance. Star Wars Han Solo Jacket have a great look & also be grateful for your personality.

This was posted on June 14, 2019 at 11:01 AM ET by Martin Joe.

It will be amazing to show it to this thread! Much help for us educators to learn from each other. screen repair melbourne fl

This was posted on June 18, 2019 at 10:04 AM ET by Chris Barns.

I have an interest about core concepts and competencies.

Check this out zombs royale

This was posted on June 21, 2019 at 7:54 AM ET by Alex Jacob.