Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Undergraduate Educators - histology and A&P

A forum for undergraduate educators at the community college, college, and university level to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hello. I teach histology, human A&P, and majors physiology at the University of Mississippi. I'm glad to see more resources focused on undergradute education. I am particularly looking for lab activities and student self-assessment tools.

This thread was posted on April 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM ET by Carol Britson.
  |   5 Replies   |   Last on 9/16/2019 at 8:22 AM ET
Re: histology and A&P

Hello Carol,

We are of similar ilk in our areas of teaching.  I absolutely love teaching histology and find that more and more folks are digitizing their resources for their labs.  Do you believe in digital only instruction for histology?

Are you familiar with histology-world.com ?  I find the histology games section useful at times for students to self-asses their progress and also be sure they understand the microstructures rather than trying to memorize lines and dots.

This was posted on June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM ET by Dave Knight.
Re: Re: histology and A&P

(*The whole message did not post above)  It can be rather daunting for first timer histologists though.  It really all depends on their level of prep going into a histology class.  Nonetheless, I think it is an excellent resource for both students and faculty to explore.

This was posted on June 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM ET by Dave Knight.
Re: Re: Re: histology and A&P

I LOVE histology world! That site and the University of Michigan's virtual slide box are my two, all-time favorite histology resources.

In regards to my philosophy on "digital-only" instruction in histology, I don't support an all-or-none approach. In my histology course, we use physical microscopy in the first half of the lab. In the second half of the lab, students can use either physical or virtual microscopy for their exploration of specimens. There are benefits and drawbacks of each, and one can select their preferred tool as dependent on their current situation or needs.

This was posted on June 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM ET by Carol Britson.

In this society, women hold the power in most romantic interactions. We're the ones who decide if and when dating slang is going to occur and that gives us the upper hand ... until we actually do the deed. And then all the power shifts to you males. So keep that in mind next time you think a girl is being standoffish for no reason. We're just protecting ourselves.

This was posted on January 22, 2019 at 6:17 AM ET by Alla Pasons.

Excellence in the time of need” - I found this website a year ago, when I needed a revision for my work. They did an amazing job, took my paper from mediocre to one of the best. So I kept using their service, its original, so no need to worry about plagiarism at all. Wish I would have known about them from long ago, my papers probably would have been way better.

academic writing

This was posted on September 16, 2019 at 8:22 AM ET by Oksi Oksina.