Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - iPad apps

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

This year was my first year teaching at a 1:1 school, where all of the students have iPads. I am constantly looking for cool apps that I can use in my classes to help students with concepts in Anatomy. I don't have the time or resources to check all of the ones out there to use. I am hoping that I can get some ideas from others on here. I would prefer free apps since I want my students to be able to download and use them too. 

This thread was posted on April 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM ET by Georgia Everett.
  |   2 Replies   |   Last on 4/10/2014 at 10:11 AM ET
Re: iPad apps

Hey Georgia! 1-to-1 programs are phenomenal; like you said, it does take a bit of leg work to find what works best for your particular circumstance.

Unfortunately, I'm 1-to-1 laptop so some of the resources/websites I use would not be compatible, since many are Flash-based. If I think of any science apps that I use personally, I'll be sure to let you know! 

This was posted on April 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM ET by Caitlin Johnston .
Re: iPad apps

I teach anatomy in IL.  One of the first free apps I have my students load on their phones is speed anatomy- droid & Antomy lite & Bones LITE for apple.  Its a touch screen quiz game and I encourage them as they find new apps to share them with the class as an optional homework assignment.

This was posted on April 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM ET by camille jensen.