Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - K-12 Educators - Teacher Evaluation - Your Opinion Needed

A forum for K-12 educators to share classroom resources and teaching ideas. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

November's blog post focuses on teacher evaluation. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on teacher evaluations. What have your good and bad experiences been? Do you think evaluations should focus on practice, content, or both? Do you think there are evaluations that can also help improve student achievement?

This thread was posted on November 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM ET by Miranda Byse.
  |   1 Reply   |   Last on 5/15/2014 at 3:55 PM ET
Re: Teacher Evaluation - Your Opinion Needed

Washington state is in the throughs of implementing our teacher eval system.  Statewide three choices, Danielson, Marzolf and 5Dimensions from U of Washington College of Ed.  I believe it will be a better evaluation, bit time consuming to get off the ground.  Much professional development time this year has been devoted to this subject.  It has helped me focus on student feedback to help me reach those students that are dragging and help challenge that head of the crowd group.  I admit it was LOTS more work in the beginning and I continue to fine tune the process for students assessment and feedback but has begun to show its value. 

This was posted on May 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM ET by Kathleen Cass.