Please Log In
E-mail Address

Password

Remember Me

Forget your password?
Reset it here.

Don't have an account?
Register here!

You must log in in order to submit a teaching resource, save or e-mail your searches and resources, review a teaching resource, or participate in community discussions.

Follow Us

Community Forums - Physiology Educator Community of Practice (PECOP) - good resources for cases to help teach physiology

A discussion forum for physiology educators at all levels. If you would like to contribute to the forums or to change your subscription, please log in to the left.

Hello. I am new to this board. I am a physician who has recently started teaching physiology at a PA program. The program uses team based learning and flipped classroom techniques exclusively so good cases are essential.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

This thread was posted on December 9, 2016 at 12:57 PM ET by Bruce Berlanstein.
  |   2 Replies   |   Last on 1/31/2017 at 3:02 PM ET
Re: good resources for cases to help teach physiology

Hi Bruce, some resources I've used:

Case files: Physiology (Lange)

BRS Cases & problems (Costanzo)

Problem-based physiology (Carroll)

Underground Clinical Vignettes: Pathophysiology I, II, III

You may find some cases in general physiology texts have clinical cases.

Hope that helps some.

This was posted on December 15, 2016 at 9:44 AM ET by Hugh Clements-Jewery.
Re: good resources for cases to help teach physiology

Hi Bruce,

I've found some great case studies through the Buffalo case studies website. I usually modify them a little for specific things I lecture on, but they are a great resource.  You can also search for a specific topic through the LifeSciTRC site, and sometimes the links take you to Buffalo case studies.  You do have to pay a small fee for the answer keys, but it is well worth it!  Hope this helps!

http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/collection/ 

Nicole

This was posted on January 31, 2017 at 3:02 PM ET by Nicole Palenske.